When I've worked all night long at the hospital with laboring women and screaming babies, I am so ready to come home to comfy bed and sleep the day away. Sometimes that is a challenge since it's light outside and there are noises from people awake and moving around outside my apartment. That's why my husband makes a special effort to hang thick blankets over the window (even tape them in place), position fans in the room for white noise and so it doesn't get too hot, and turn down the bed. He takes such good care of me!
Also, after riding around in our 1987 Buick (no AC, no air bags, and a ticking time bomb) for a few weeks this summer since Mike needs the better car for his summer internship commute, Mike bought us a new car. Meet out new little "Pumpkin:"
Ok, maybe this one was a little for us both, and so far, he's been driving Pumpkin the most, but I'm still really glad we finally made the move to get a new car and get rid of that old hunk'o'junk (still working on that part though).

Good work, Mike. And Melissa, I don't appreciate hearing you call Bula an "old hunk'o'junk". Offensive! That car was good to me!
ReplyDelete