When we got back from St. George, we had another birthday party for Elsie with the Parker family. Elsie enjoyed this party now that she was feeling better. She has a sweet tooth and loved her cake and ice cream. She loved all her presents too. We're so blessed to have such wonderful family around for her to grow up with.
We all headed out to Redding for Memorial weekend. We gave the babies a little freedom before sitting in the car for a long ride. Elsie absolutely loves Steven's dog, Buck!
Reunited at last! Just chillin' in a box together on the front lawn while we all do some wedding prep stuff. These two are the cutest!
Pool time, naked of course!
Nothing better than some cuddles with these two luscious little baby girls on the hammock.
Yep. This happened:
Just a little horse play between siblings
Can't resist a little photo shoot around Madsen Manor when she's looking so cute:

Elsie modeling one of the 3 possible flower girl outfits that were. This one was not chosen, but still so cute.
Cooling off by the pool with Grandpa Steve and cousin Adele. This is the life!
Best friends
I think we've celebrated Mike's birthday in Redding almost every year that we've been married. Happy thirty-something! We don't really need to count anymore, right? The cake is a test wedding cake for Steph and Teague and it was SO YUMMY! Way to go Mimi!
More cute baby pictures:
While we were there, Julia graduated from high school (she did secondary school and college connection in order to graduate early at age 17, and was accepted to BYU provo for the Fall). She gave a speech and it was awesome! Way to go Jules! I can't believe my baby is all grown up and going to college!

Going for a walk at the preserve trail. Elsie never has to touch the ground when all these doting family members are around.
Above right: She kept making this sign and we figured out that she made it up and it means "I want that" and then she'd point to what she wanted. Smart girl!
We spent a lot of time brainstorming for these two and their wedding just a month away. We also through a bridal shower for Steph with some Redding friends. It was an fun-filled and eventful short little family reunion. We have too much fun just all being together. We can't seem to stay apart for long.
Mid-May, I performed with my mommy dance class that I participated in for about 5 months. We gave a little concert for our families and it was really fun to do what I thought was something I was too old to get to do again. Elsie kept finding me in the formations and smiling and clapping next to Mike and his mom. Best fans ever!
Happy Mother's Day to me and my mother and my mother-in-law and sister-in-laws who help me raise little Elsie and all the wonderful mothers I know!
We had a nice little mom dinner where all the men and children served us at the Cherringtons'. My neices even gave me a foot rub while I ate ice cream and relaxed (below, right)...Amazing!
Below(left), I made this for my mother and mother-in-law (pinterest craft copied successfully).
Below(left), I made this for my mother and mother-in-law (pinterest craft copied successfully).
My favorite little snuggle buddy:
We love bath time, especially the funny hair-dos that can happen with this head of hair:
Dinner and cousin reunion at the David Clarks; look at all those cute kids! Elsie was in heaven to have so many playmates and new toys to entertain her.
Elsie loves to snuggle into Grandpa Jim's chest. These two have a special little bond; too cute.
"Thanks for the new shoes, Dad!"
Elsie loves to play with and try on all of our shoes.... a girl after my own heart!
I can't stop videoing every little cute thing that she does!
We all got to meet our baby cousin Harper when they came out to visit from Texas. It was so good to see Sarah and Harper! We miss having them close by. Elsie was so fascinated with Harper.
Elsie is a little curious one. She loves to see what's in every cupboard and drawer, pull it all out and then see if she can fit into that space. Crazy kid! My bathroom cupboard is her daily favorite while I get ready for the day. Whatever keeps her happy!

So after years of growing it out, my brother Steven actually let me and Stephanie cute all of his long and luscious locks in order to get a more sophisticated look for job interviews. It was pretty fun, I'm not gonna lie.
More cute pictures of my little 13 mo. old... where does the time go?
I through a bridal shower for Steph out here in Utah as well, and we had a great time with friends and family that live in the area. I'm so happy for Steph. What a beautiful bride!
Above right: Who wore it best? Elsie and Ellery...I don't think I can call this one...both too cute!
Elsie loved playing with all the tissue paper and eating off anyone's plate that would allow it.
I went with Steph and Teague to get their wedding/bridal pictures taken a few weeks before the wedding. They looked like models and the scenery was so beautiful. You wouldn't even know that we all got eaten alive by mosquitoes while shooting these.
Big birthday for me....Dirty Thirty! It was pretty nice to spend it with my wonderful in-law families, and my brother Steven and sister Steph. We swam, had a BBQ, and ate strawberry shortcake for dessert. I especially love this little mini-me picture we got of Elsie and I that night. 30 feels pretty good, I'm so blessed!

Elsie's favorite part of the party was the swings. She was laughing like crazy on that swing, just loving every second.
Steph got me a doll head to practice braiding on (it's my latest little hobby). Elsie isn't sure about it, but I loved this gift. Steph always thinks of the best gifts. I got flowers from my sweet husband (up top) and sunflowers sent by mail from my childhood best friend Sydney (so thoughtful)!
She loves hats...and looks pretty darn cute in whatever one she is wearing!
While babysitting our cousins Abby and Ivy for couple days, we spent a lot of time at the neighborhood park getting our wiggles out. Elsie had a ball crawling around, eating sand and climbing onto whatever she could reach. She plays hard!
Garage sale finds for today: $5 each...totally worth it....look at that happy face!
Out to dinner as a family. These two are my world!
LOVELOVELOVELOVE!!!!
Play time at Grandma MarJean's. Elsie is pretty attached to little Kallie. Her cousins love to dote on her and play games with her. They built her a little thrown this time and make her the queen.








No comments:
Post a Comment