So, I'm joining my Young Women at church in completing the Personal Progress program. They've changed it since I was in Young Women's and I lost my necklace, so I'm going to work toward earning another one. Plus, now there's an added value (virtue) to complete, so I've got my work cut out for me. One project that I've now completed...my first one to get signed off...is that I learned a new skill that I can use to bless my family life. I learned how to professionally frost and decorate a cake. Ok Matt and Mimi, I know I have nowhere near your experience or expertise, but I think I'm ok for a beginner and it was so much fun! Here's the little cake that I learned to make flowers and leaves on at Mutual Night.
I put M+M on the side so I could show Mike that I made him a cake.
SO CUTE! How fun. Did it taste as yummy as it looks?
ReplyDeleteWow, that really is impressive! We've never actually made flowers like this with frosting -- we usually work with fondant. You'll have to teach us next time we see you.
ReplyDeleteI'm Oh-so-very-impressed. I could never do that. (Which may be why I had Matt and Mimi make Cadence's birthday cake last year!) It is so pretty! You should make a wedding cake for Oakley and....her guy, too, and just show up at the wedding with it, see who's is better. Hahahah...I just think they'd appreciate a little drama on their special day.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog. I was pretty nervous about posting parts of my journal.
cute! I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class! that must be so fun!
ReplyDeleteHey Melissa, I'm so glad you found my blog, thanks for the link to yours. We are in SLC about to move to Chicago where we'll both be going to school in the fall. What a fun blog you have, I wish we were out in Cali too!
ReplyDelete